Tuesday 12 January 2010

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys of Neptune

Dare I admit this? Okay, here goes - Jimi Hendrix has never really interested me. Can't deny the guy's importance but I've never felt the urge to listen to his music.

The announcement that some unreleased material is being released in March (the 12-track Valleys Of Neptune) therefore left me largely un-moved. After all, unreleased material is usually unreleased for a good reason, and if I'm not a fan of Hendrix's existing back catalogue then I'm unlikely to won over by this.

However, this set me thinking - has there ever been a case where unreleased material has been issued posthumously and made the grade? Live albums excluded. I've yet to think of one, but will report back if I do. In the meantime let me know of any examples!

No comments: