Friday 5 March 2010

Jane's Addiction - Bristol Studio 06/03/91

I've gone back through my ticket archives for the first time in a while and on this day 19 years ago I paid the princely sum of £7 to see Perry and the boys at the now-defunct (or possibly re-named*) Bristol Studio.

In addition I believe Primus were the support band but I have no recollection of them whatsoever!

My one memory of this show was that Jane's Addiction were disappointingly slick. Given their legendary status I expected a night of glorious, disjointed chaos. This is made all the more surprising knowing now how close the band were to splitting up at this point. Perhaps they were simply too busy not speaking to one another to properly rock out.

Further info can be found regarding this show (in fact, there's a full list of every show Jane's Addiction are believed to have played), including posters, itinerary and more, at the stunningly detailed janesaddiction.org.

*edit 11/03/10: I think it's now the o2 Academy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gig. I remember Primus more vividly as their drummer was exceptional on the night and his bass lines were almost surreal.
Janes Addiction as i recall were good but as you stated they may have been a little lack lustre on the night as my recall has faded in the memory.
But all in all a great night in Bristol with some old friends and an eventful transit ride back to Wales.